As the number of adults with substance abuse disorders in the U.S. rise, the need for treatment programs and facilities has grown significantly. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, in 2021, an estimated 20.6 million adults in the U.S. with a substance use disorder, and only four million received treatment at a specialty facility. This leaves many people struggling with addiction without access to the help they need.
Thankfully, many drug addiction treatment programs can provide the care and support necessary for recovery. Evoke Waltham understands that seeking the help you need and deserve can be challenging. However, we offer a variety of programs that can fit your individual needs to meet your recovery goals. To learn more about substance abuse treatment, call us at 866.276.1920.
What to Look for in a Drug Addiction Treatment Program
There are various drug treatment programs to choose from, and it can be overwhelming to decide which is the best program for your specific needs. Here are six things to look out for when looking for a drug treatment program:
- Offers detox and withdrawal management services – One of the crucial first steps in overcoming addiction is to detox from substances safely. Detox can be difficult and sometimes painful, so finding a facility that offers detox and withdrawal management services is crucial.
- Tailored to your specific needs – Not all drug addiction treatment programs are created equal. It’s important to find a program tailored to your particular needs to increase the chances of success in recovery.
- Variety of treatment modalities – A good drug addiction treatment program will offer a variety of treatment modalities, such as individual and group therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and medication-assisted treatment.
- Strong emphasis on aftercare – Once you complete a drug addiction treatment program, it’s essential to have a solid plan in place for aftercare. This plan may include continued individual or group therapy, 12-step meetings, and sober living arrangements.
- Accredited and licensed – When entrusting your care to a drug treatment facility, you want to ensure that they are accredited and licensed. This ensures that the facility meets specific standards of care.
- Covered by your insurance – Many insurance providers will cover at least part of the cost of drug addiction treatment. Be sure to check with your insurance provider to see what coverage you have for a drug rehab program.
If you or a loved one is struggling with drug addiction, don’t hesitate to reach out for help from Evoke Waltham. Many drug addiction treatment programs at our facility provide the care and support necessary for recovery.
Understanding What a Drug Rehab Program Is
Initially, when patients enter treatment either for a substance use disorder or any other mental disorder, they should be assessed for the co-occurrence of the other condition. Research indicates that treating both or multiple illnesses in an integrated approach is generally the best treatment for these patients.
The first step in any drug rehab program is always detoxification, which helps patients rid their bodies of drugs and alcohol. This process can be uncomfortable and even dangerous, so it’s essential to be under the care of a medical professional during detox. Once the patient has detoxed, they can begin participating in therapy and other treatment modalities.
Drug rehab programs typically last 30 days, though some may be shorter or longer depending on the patient’s needs. During treatment, patients will live at the facility and participate in various therapies and activities designed to support their recovery. Aftercare planning is an integral part of any drug rehab program, as it helps ensure that patients have a solid plan for continued sobriety after they leave treatment.
If you're ready to start your journey to recovery, we're here to help.
What Can a Drug Addiction Treatment Program Offer You?
Depending on your specific needs, a drug addiction treatment program can offer you various services and support. Services may include detoxification, individual and group therapy, 12-step meetings, medication-assisted treatment, and sober living arrangements. It’s essential to understand what your recovery goals are and to find a program that offers services that will support those goals.
Evoke Waltham is an accredited and licensed drug rehab facility that offers a variety of treatment modalities to help you achieve your recovery goals. Most insurance providers cover our facility. We understand that addiction is a serious disease, and we are here to help you throughout your recovery.
Drug Addiction Treatment at Evoke Waltham
Seeking treatment for yourself or a loved one is challenging financially, emotionally, and spiritually. In the end, no matter how many awards or recommendations a drug rehab facility has, unfortunately, there is no guarantee that it will “fix” the issue. It is up to the individual and how much they want to free themselves of addiction and live a life of recovery. To learn more about drug addiction treatment at our Waltham, Massachusetts, facility, call us at 866.276.1920.