Quotes from Celebrities About Alcoholism
Alcoholism can affect anyone, famous or not. A number of celebrities have battled alcoholism and have some inspiring quotes to share.
Alcoholism is a non-discriminatory disease, one that can deeply affect men and women of all ages and in any demographic. When people think of a “traditional” alcoholic, they might think of a red-faced older gentleman who heads straight to the local watering hole after work for a few shots and a few beers.
They might think of a homeless individual drinking cheap vodka out of a brown paper bag. They might even think of a stressed-out soccer mom, secretly bringing a coffee thermos full of white wine to her children’s big game before driving them home with a slight buzz. Alcoholism takes many forms, and it is impossible to predict who will be able to drink socially for the duration of their lives without consequence, and who will fall victim to a destructive and life-threatening alcohol abuse disorder.
Contributing Factors that Lead to Alcoholism
Several factors can lead to the development of an alcohol abuse disorder, including environmental factors, genetic predisposition, underlying mental health conditions, and whether or not the individual began drinking at a young age. Environmental factors play a major role and can include things like high-stress levels related to career or being brought up in a dysfunctional family. Men and women who have certain career paths are more prone to drinking than others.
Construction workers, for example, have very high rates of alcohol abuse – and so do celebrities. Many celebrities have struggled with alcohol abuse and alcoholism over the years, and unfortunately, many of these celebrities have lost their lives at the hands of alcohol addiction. The ones who haven’t, however, have said some pretty profound things about their struggles with alcoholism. We have compiled a list of the most profound quotes from celebrities about alcoholism.
Quotes From Celebrities About Alcoholism
- “I was point blank, just drinking too much. I got used to being in hair and makeup and having a glass of wine. Then that glass of wine would carry over into me having one before the awards show. And then a bunch at the awards show.” – Crissy Teigan
- “Like, at first it’s fine and you think you have a dark side – it’s exciting – and then you realize the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It’s also a completely different way of living when you know that… a different species of person. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me.” – Lana Del Rey
- “I found myself drinking two bottles of wine on the couch, and I said, ‘Jada, I think we’ve got a problem here.’ From that day on, I went cold turkey.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
- “I realized it was not going to end well. I got into the acting program, it was very challenging, I was hungover and I wasn’t doing so well in my classes. I thought, “Do you know what? It’s going to be one or the other. I can’t have both.” – Kristen Davis
- “I want to lead a calm life. I’m done with partying. When you get older, things that seemed important to you when you were 20 suddenly lose significance.” – Naomi Campbell
Evoke Waltham and Alcohol Addiction Recovery
At Evoke Waltham, we have developed a program of clinical care that is not only effective, but that caters to the specific needs of each of our clients. We understand that it is not always possible to enter into a long-term program of addiction recovery. In some cases, a person might need a lower level of care, or a person might not even be able to attend treatment in person.
If this is the case, we have developed a program of care that offers over-the-phone treatment options as well as virtual treatment options. No matter what you need, we have got you covered. To learn more about our unique and flexible program of addiction recovery, simply contact us today.