What Are The Virus Protocols At Treatment Centers?
Due to the severity of the omicron variant of COVID, treatment centers have started to implement virus protocols to keep you safe.
COVID-19 is a highly infectious respiratory disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It is typically asymptomatic or develops only mild symptoms. In these instances, recovery usually happens within weeks of infection and without treatment. However, some individuals, typically older people and those with underlying medical conditions, become incredibly ill and require hospitalization. COVID-19 and its complications can be fatal.
Treatment Centers Put Patients First
With passion and vigilance, many addiction centers remain open and committed to serving the millions of individuals struggling with addiction during the COVID-19 global health pandemic while also continuously enforcing the safety of their community and positioning disease prevention as their top priority.
Amidst the global health crisis, most facilities are strictly following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s recommendations. They take many proactive actions to protect their current and future patients and staff members during this global health pandemic.
Standard Procedures For Patients During These Times
- Overall Patient and Staff Safety: Each facility has been tasked with establishing a committee which has the purpose of ensuring hygiene and safety measures are consistently in place and being followed at each facility, ensuring a coordinated company response to any concerns and establishing protective protocols if the health of our patients or employees may have been compromised as a result of COVID-19. The committee works directly and daily with each facility to implement and enforce the most up-to-date procedures as the coronavirus information evolves.
- Admissions: Facilities screen all patients before admission to determine personal travel history, potential exposure, potential contact with someone who has traveled to areas of concern, any direct contact by the patients with persons diagnosed with COVID-19, and any symptoms of illness. Those who screen positive will not be admitted to treatment. Those who screen negative will be eligible for admission.
- Staff Monitoring: Treatment facilities are committed to ensuring that staff is not infected with the COVID-19 virus. Staff who have traveled to areas of concern, have been in contact with someone in these areas, have been in direct contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or shows any signs of illness are asked to follow the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, which dictates 14 days of isolation with no symptoms from the time of contact.
- Facility Hygiene: Each facility maintains stringent daily cleaning and disinfecting processes throughout the day, with regularly scheduled deep cleaning and encouraging staff and patients to practice strict hand hygiene and avoid skin-to-skin contact. They also closely monitor the health of the patients.
- Specialized Treatment: Therapists have been trained on the effects of anxiety related to COVID-19 and run groups at facilities to address concerns.
What Can You Do to Protect Yourself, Your Family, and Your Community?
The CDC recommends daily preventative actions to help reduce the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid unnecessary handshakes, hugs, and kisses.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick and stay away from others if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touches objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Effective Treatment For Drug Addiction at Evoke Waltham
At Evoke Waltham Center, we understand that everyone’s health is important mentally, emotionally, and physically so along with enhanced infection control policies at our facility to keep all patients safe, we offer virtual addiction treatment from the comfort of home if you’re worried about prioritizing your health and following social distancing guidelines.
We pride ourselves on staying true to our name. At Evoke Waltham, we are available 24/7 to help in any way that we can. Please feel free to take advantage of our comprehensive recovery-related services in person, virtually, or over the phone. We serve men and women of all ages in our state-of-the-art Waltham, Massachusetts addiction treatment facility with a strength-based focus that exceeds the norm.